The Federal Ministry of Environment works to ensure environmental protection, natural resources conservation and sustainable development. Since its establishment, the Ministry has impacted on raising the issue of environmental consciousness in the minds of Nigerians as well as the interface with the Global environmental best practices. It has focused on involving innovative strategies that emphasize the use of environmental re – engineering as a veritable tool for job creation, poverty eradication, ensuring food security, encouraging sustainable economic development and general improvement in the livelihood of Nigerian populace.
To be a Nation that develops in harmony with its environment
To ensure environmental protection, natural resources conservation and sustainable development
1. Securing a quality environment conducive for good health and wellbeing of fauna and flora.
2. Promoting sustainable use of natural resources.
3. Restoring and maintaining the ecosystem, ecological process and preserve biodiversity.
4. Raising public awareness and promoting understanding of linkages of the environment.
5. Cooperating with relevant MDAs, the private sector, NGOs, and International organizations on environmental matters.