CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE ENGAGEMENT OF NATIONAL PROJECT COORDINATOR FOR THE AGRO-CLIMATIC RESILIENCE IN SEMI-ARID LANDSCAPES PROJECT (ACReSAL)
24th October, 2022
- BACKGROUND: Agro-Climatic Resilience in Semi-Arid Landscapes Project is a World Bank assisted project aim at increasing the implementation of sustainable landscape management practices in targeted watersheds in Northern Nigeria and strengthen Nigeria’s long-term enabling environment for integrated climate-resilient landscape management.
- JOB TITLE: National Project Coordinator for Agro-Climatic Resilience in Semi-arid Landscapes
- SPECIFICATIONS: proactive, pleasant-mannered, and energetic person with excellent communication skills able to take the initiative and work extremely hard with little direct supervision, always leading by example
- MAIN DUTIES The Project Coordinator shall be responsible for the overall project coordination including meeting local, regional, national and international dimensions when planning, executing, coordinating, evaluating, and reporting of the ACRESAL.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS Interested candidates should possess a minimum of a bachelor degree (master degree or equivalent preferable) in engineering, environmental sciences, geography management, economics or social sciences, regional planning or relevant field. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years experience as a project manager in a related field. Previous experience in project management; knowledge of procurement guidelines of the World Bank; and/or Environmental and Watershed management, Director/General Manager level experience in any Federal MDA would be an asset. Strong planning, experience in any digital communications outfit, good communication and writing skills and a demonstrated ability to build consensus and work with inter-disciplinary teams are required. Human Resources management skills, experience in managing Human Resources at Director or equivalent level such as demonstrated capacity to lead, coordinate, recruit, motivate and supervise others, would be important.
- CHARACTERISTICS The candidate must be a professional with a high level of energy, motivation, commitment to reducing poverty, solid overall judgment, excellent analytic skills, and demonstrated ability to think strategically, and manage quality control. Proven track record in possessing strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, supportive team player, with a passion for results, enthusiasm for mentoring, and a commitment to learning and sharing knowledge are equally of an added advantage.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATICATIONS:
Interested candidates are to apply within two weeks (2 weeks) from the date of online publication to the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Environment, Mabushi, Abuja. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview