FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS AND EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Federal Ministry of Environment (FME), Mabuchi-Abuja wishes to undertake the Procurement of Works, Goods and Services in the implementation of 2020 Appropriation Act under its Capital and Zonal Intervention Projects/Programmes. In compliance with the Public Procurement Act 2007, the Ministry invites interested, competent and reputable Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers with relevant experiences and good track records to submit Pre-qualification, Technical and Expression of Interest (EOI) for the execution of the Ministry’s 2020 projects.
2.0 SCOPE OF WORK: -
The general scope of the Projects/ Programmes are as follows;
||CATEGORY A (WORKS)
||ROAD CONSTRUCTION, EROSION AND FLOOD CONTROL, DRAINAGE, CULVERTS, CHANELLIZATION, GULLY EROSION CONTROL WORKS, FLOOD EARLY WARNING SYSTEM AND CONSTRUCTION OF ENERGY INFRASTRUCTION
||SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF SOLAR STREET LIGHTS
||CONSTRUCTION OF SOLAR POWERED BOREHOLE, CONSTRUCTION OF LOW COST DYKE SYSTEM FOR FLOOD PREVENTION, SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF SOLAR STREET LIGHTS (EDO STATE), CONSTRUCTION OF SOLAR CARPORTS IN FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, INSTALLATION OF MINI GRID (RURAL ELECTRIFICATION) IN LOW INCOME COMMUNITIES, AND CLIMATE CHANGE MITIGATION /ADAPTATION PROJECTS FOR ALTERNATIVE ENERGY PRODUCTION TO POWER BOREHOLE ( PHASE 11)
||ESTABLISHMENT OF WOODLOTS IN THE ARID ZONE AND ACACIA SENEGAL PLANTATION IN THE FRONTLINE ZONE TO ARREST LAND DEGRADATION, ASSESSMENT OF HOUSEHOLDS DEPENDING ON FUELWOOD AS SOURCE OF ENERGY IN 20 COMMUNITIES OF GOMBE AND ZAMFARA STATE (PHASE 3)
||SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF MASS JATROPHA PLANTATION, AFFORESTATION/REFORESTATION PROGRAMME AND DOMESTICATION OF ECONOMICALLY VIABLE WILDLIFE SPECIES OF ANIMALS(SNAIL,CANE RAT) .INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE OF BAMBOO PROCESSING EQUIPMENT IN KARARA LOKOJA, KOGI STATE (CIVIL-WORKS)
||ESTABLISHMENT OF PILOT BIOGAS GAS GENERATION AND COMPRESSION PLANT USING POULTRY, PIGGRY AND FOOD WASTE
2.2 CATEGORY B
||CATEGORY B (CONSULTANCY/NON-CONSULTANCY SERVICES)
||CONSULTING SERVICE ON AWARENESS CREATION ON CLIMATE CHANGE PROGRAMME, CLIMATE CHANGE VULNERABILITY MAPPING AND ACCESS TO GLOBAL CLIMATE FINANCE, FRAMEWORK FOR ECOSYSTEM AND CAPACITY BUILDING OF DESK OFFICE FOR CLIMATE CHANGE.NATIONAL GREEN BOND IMPLEMENTATION PROGRAMME
||UPSCALING AND DIGITALIZATION OF THE EIA REGISTRY
||FORESTRY RESOURCES SURVEY AND ASSESSMENT NATIONWIDE
||PROVISION OF SECURITY AND CLEANING SERVICES
||YOUTH AND WOMEN EMPOWERMENT THROUGH ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT, WASTE MANAGEMENT AND CONVERSION OF CASSAVA PEEL WASTE INTO ANIMAL FEED USING LOCALLY DEVELOPED TECHNOLOGY/EQUIPMENT AND ITS PROMOTION. DEVELOPMENT OF TECHNICAL GUIDELINES FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF GOVERNMENT OFFICE WASTE, ESTABLISHMENT OF ELECTRONIC BASED DATA BANK ON ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION
2.3 CATEGORY C (GOODS)
||CATEGORY C (GOODS)
||ESTABLISHMENT OF AIR QUALITY MONITORING STATION IN PORTHARCOURT
3.0 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: -
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7; Failure to attach forms CAC2 and CAC7 (or CAC 1.1) shall lead to disqualification;
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2017 2018 2019) valid till 31st December 2020;
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2020
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2020;
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2020;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31st December 2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
- Sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of relevant committees of the Federal Ministry of Environment and the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years – (2017, 2018, 2019);
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria; indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.);
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and photographs of the projects;
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease (where applicable);
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV Partner);
- For ‘Package GS-C-1’ bidders must have registered with NSCDC and EHORECON respectively as well as carried out similar services in Environmental Related Agencies/Offices. Failure to provide evidences of any of these requirements shall lead to disqualification.
3.1 All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding Letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address.
3.2 The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm. Failure to provide any of this information may lead to disqualification.
4.0 SUBMISSION OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS (CATEGORY A & C)
- Prospective bidders are to submit pre-qualification documents for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the Technical bids packaged in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid”. Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the same name and should be submitted in the Conference Room, Green Building, Federal Ministry of Environment, Maitama, Abuja not later than 12:00 noon on Monday, 7th September 2020.
- Bids can also be submitted through Courier Services. All bids should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Environment, Headquarters, Mabushi, Abuja. In addition, Bids submitted by Courier Services should be clearly marked ‘Attention Director Procurement (with the Lot number)’. The Submission must reach the Ministry not later than the date indicated above.
- Please ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register at the place of submission, as the Ministry will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
5.0 OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
- The technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday 7th September 2020 in the Conference Room, Green Building, Federal Ministry of Environment, Maitama, Abuja.
- Bids opening will be concluded online in accordance with Covid-19 guidelines on public gathering, and Bidders who are interested in viewing the opening of bids can forward their email, addresses to the Ministry’s official e-mail ‘email@example.com.
- Civil Societies, NGOs, Professional Bodies are by this notice invited to witness the Bids Opening Exercise.
6.0 SUBMISSION OF EOI DOCUMENT (CATEGORY B)
- Interested firms are to submit two (2) bound of Expression of Interest (EOI) (Original & Duplicate) neatly packaged in sealed envelope, stating Expression of Interest clearly marked with Lot number and submitted on or before 12:00noon on Monday 31st August 2020 in the Conference Room, Green Building, Federal Ministry of Environment, Maitama, Abuja.
- Please ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register at the place of submission, as the Ministry will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids
- The EOI will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00noon on Monday 31st August 2020;
- Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals.
- All enquiries are to be directed to the Director Procurement Federal Ministry of Environment Mabushi Abuja, or via the Ministry’s official e-mails provided at e-email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.0 GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidders;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- Category A & C: Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be contacted at a later date for collection of tender documents.
- All bidders should not bid for more than two (2) lots, otherwise the Company will be disqualified
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of the Ministry to award contract to any bidder.
- Non-Compliance to any of the above instruction will lead to disqualification
- The Federal Ministry of Environment is not bound to shortlist/ pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
Federal Ministry of Environment