Application for Environmental Impact Assessment
Contractors in need of an EIA should follow the below set guidelines and procedure
1. Project proponent should submit evidence of payment to Federal Ministry of Environment, Environmental Assessment Departmentand collect project registration/Notification form.
2. Proponent return completed EIA registration form with EIA Terms of Reference (ToR) and comprehensive project proposal for the proposed project to the ministry.
Initial Environmental Examination (IEE)
1. Site verification of the proposed project location is conducted by the Ministry
2. Scoping of the project
3. EIA screening of the project scope and ToR alongside with the report of the site verification for the EIA categorization
Evaluation and Analysis
1. The EIA study is carried out including baseline environmental data gathering and laboratory analysis of collected samples witnessed by the Ministry –two seasons.
2. Submission of hard copies (depending on magnitude & category) and electronic copy of the draft EIA report to the Ministry.
3. The draft EIA report is display for public review and participation depending on EIA category the report is classified. (see 3b above)
4. The draft EIA report is reviewed by independent Panel of Experts with relevant regulators (the review level depends on the category of the project).
5. The approval or disapproval of the EIA of the product by the Ministry base on the recommendations of the independent panel of experts.
6. The final EIA report is produced by the proponent
7. Submission and approval of the final EIA report for issuance of EIA certificate and EIS. Impact Mitigation Monitoring (IMM)
8. Impact Mitigation Monitoring is carried out on the project by the Ministry in collaboration with states MENV and Local Government s to ensure the implementation of:
* Conditions of approval
* Implementation of mitigation measure
9. At the commissioning of the project decommissioning IMM is close-out for the environmental compliance monitoring.
10. Publication of the EIS of the project
11. EIA Audit of the project is conducted and reviewed every three years during the project operational life cycle.
1. This is carried out at the end of the project life cycle.
They is no timeline on the doc
Project proponent are required to pay a registration fee of N50, 000 payableto Federal Ministry of Environment, Environmental Assessment Department in TSA (www.remita.net)
EIA Contact Personnel: Director, Environmental Assessment Department
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: (+234) 0803 331 6437
Office: Enviromental Assessment Dept, Environment House, Independence Way, Central Area, Abuja
RECEIVING OF 700 FACE MASK DONATED BY THE GLOBAL LEGISLATORS ORGANIZATION FOR BALANCED ENVIRONMENT
The Hon. Minister of Environment Dr. Mohammed Mahmood Abubakar represented by the Director (HRM) Daniang Peter today received 700 face mask donated by the Global Legislators Organization for Balanced Environment at the Ministry HQ Mabushi. Also at the event to receive the mask was the Director (PRS) Dr. Bolatito Obisesan
MINISTER OF ENVIRONMENT DONATES ESSENTIAL MATERIALS TO KADUNA STATE GOVERNMENT AS HE FLAGS OFF DECONTAMINATION AND DISINFECTION EXERCISE
Honourable Minister of Environment, Dr. Mohammad Mahmood Abubakar and His Excellency, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai