The Legal Unit is a service unit established to render general legal services to the Ministry. Legal Services being rendered by the unit are as follows:-
- Processing and execution of Contract Agreements' for all departments listed above.
- Proffering legal opinions on:-
- Terms, Conditions and implementation of Contracts,
- Personnel matters,
- Bank Guarantees,
- Labour Disputes, etc.
- International Convention and Protocols and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Environmental related matters.
- Attending departmental and Inter-ministerial meetings convened within and outside the Ministry.
- Attending Court Sessions to defend the Ministry cases, and institute actions against erring contractors, etc and
- Attending to other matters that may be referred to the Unit for consideration from time to time.